Sunday, August 15, 2010

Distractions

Life has been hard lately. I moved out to San Diego with job prospects, however as a pilates instructor, building clientele at your job is something that takes time. So, now I am stuck in client-building limbo...and feeling the financial effects of barely working.

It's times like this that really make me depend on God...but also question my life and choices and discernment. I prayed about whether I should come out here a lot, and while I didn't feel and overwhelming sense of yes..I didn't hear no either. I love it here and am so excited about the place I am working. I love pilates and love teaching and helping clients. SO, I'm looking for other jobs to help support me in the meantime...however, it's hard to not ask God why? a lot.

BUT, for now as I am dwindling down to my last dime and putting in applications to anyone who will take them...I've found some distractions I thought I'd share.

(1) My new favorite website: www.diegoonadime.com is a super fun place to find ideas on how to explore San Diego cheaply. So Fun!

(2) Also, I've been running a lot more since it's free. I found my new favorite website www.mapmyrun.com to help find popular routes and map my own. Yesterday we ran the rim of Fiesta Island and it was so fun. It's this barren island of only beach and a dog park. There is something about the smell of ocean, sand, and campfire. AHH! BLISS!!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Praying for you, I know its hard!!! You'll make it - you always do.
For now I'm gonna start jogging again (since the heat wave seems to have passed and chem class is done - yeah!) and I'll think of/pray for you while I'm running. Love ya tons sis!!!!

Unknown said...

also...just checked out mapmyrun.com and LOVE it. Thanks for inspiring me>