Friday, November 21, 2008

Tattoo!

I've always lived my middle name, JOY! I think it is a quality too often lacking in the world. There are so many things that can bring people down; I love that having Joy as a part of my name is a constant reminder to apply it to my life. For the longest time I have always said I would NEVER get a tattoo...I'm usually too indecisive. But, as usual my declerations, always have a way of overturning themselves. After going through some hard stuff in college, I had a new appreciation for the word JOY. So I started thinking about getting the word Joy in hebrew tattoed on me as a constant visual reminder. From there, everything fell into place. My sisters came to me about wanting tattoos and even got my mom on board, which of course made me jump on board. Then when I started my Pilates training my instructor was this awesome chick from Isreal. So of course I asked her to help me find just the right word.

In the end, my sisters and my mom hadn't decided what they wanted before my older sis was heading off to live in Southeast Asia for the next two years. So, I decided I didn't want to wait, but I brought them along to watch...and take pictures of course. Plus, this way they are even more inspired to get theirs in 2010!

The word I chose is actually used as a name in Isreal. It says Giliyah...which means "My Joy is in God" or "Joy of the LORD"
It comes from GILI, meaning Joy
and YHWH (Yahweh), meaning LORD (God)

GOING INSIDE!


Ascending to my fate! We just thought it was a cool staircase!


Last look at my naked foot...


Almost done...and it totally didn't hurt...which was wierd!


Dan, my new BFF...


The finished product..but it looks so much better when it's not red!

1 comment:

lizzyashby davidaaron said...

OKAY!!! I am obsessed with you and your blog. i saw the little comment on mine and found you and my world feels complete!

Please look at my blog and see that you are now in my "blogs I follow" collumn.

You are quite simply amazing